Guided Tours of Arezzo and Province
Guided walking tours of art cities in the Arezzo territoryAs Licensed Tourist Guide of Arezzo and Province in Tuscany, Italy, I am available for
* GUIDED TOURS WITH ENGLISH-SPEAKING QUALIFIED TOURIST GUIDE: AREZZO. Half Day or Full Day guided walking tour of the headtown of eastern Tuscany. Of Etruscan origins, Arezzo still retains a well-preserved medieval historic centre with Piazza Grande, seat of the monthly Antique Market and of the Jousting of the Saracen, and set of Roberto Benigni's film "Life is Beautiful", the Romanesque Parish Church of Saint Mary, the gothic Cathedral of Saint Donato, the church of Saint Dominic with the famous painted cross by Cimabue. Worth visiting are also the House Museum of Giorgio Vasari and the house where national poet Francesco Petrarca was born, but most of all the Basilica of Saint Francis, where Piero della Francesca painted one of the greatest renaissance frescoes, "The Legend of the true Cross".
* GUIDED TOURS WITH ENGLISH-SPEAKING QUALIFIED TOURIST GUIDE: VALDICHIANA. Half Day or Full Day guided tour of one or more of the following sites: Etruscan Cortona, rich in history, art and culture, known for being the set of the film "Under the Tuscan Sun", characterised by windy streets, elegant palaces, ancient churches and Franciscan atmosphere, enclosed within massive Etruscan city walls that open onto Valdichiana, allowing spectacular views of yellow sunflower fields, green vineyards and silvery olive groves, and Lake Trasimeno at a distance; the ancient hill town of Castiglion Fiorentino with a beautiful view of the valley from its medieval historic centre, the Franciscan Hermitage le Celle founded by S. Francis of Assisi in 1211 just above Cortona, the elliptic medieval hilltown of Lucignano, the important hill towns of Foiano della Chiana and Monte San Savino, both rich in history and glased terracottas by the ella Robbias, or the ancient Farneta Abbey.
* GUIDED TOURS WITH ENGLISH-SPEAKING QUALIFIED TOURIST GUIDE: UPPER TIBER VALLEY (VALTIBERINA). Half Day or Full Day guided tour of one or more of the following sites: Sansepolcro, birth town of Piero della Francesca, Monterchi with Piero della Francesca's Our Lady of Childbirth, Anghiari, with quaint steep streets and stunning views, seat of numerous handicrafts (ceramics, textiles, antiques) and restoration of antiques, set of the famous Anghiari Battle of 1440 painted by Leonardo da Vinci; Caprese Michelangelo, where Michelangelo Buonarroti was born, Pieve Santo Stefano city of ancient memories in its famous Diaries.
* GUIDED TOURS WITH ENGLISH-SPEAKING QUALIFIED TOURIST GUIDE CASENTINO. Half Day or Full Day guided tour of one or more of the following sites: Poppi and its well-preserved medieval Castle of the Guidi Counts that boldly sits on top of the hill showing its imposing structure; beautiful Romanesque medieval parish churches (Parish Church of Romena, Parish Church of Socana etc) and medieval castles (Castle of Romena, Castel S. Niccolò, Castle of Porciano etc); the important centres of Bibbiena and Stia, home to the famous Casentino woolen cloth, La Verna Sanctuary where Saint Francis of Assisi received the "Stimmate" in 1224 and Camaldoli Monastery & Hermitage founded by S. Romualdo in 1012, both immersed in the silent Casentino forest.
* GUIDED TOURS WITH ENGLISH-SPEAKING QUALIFIED TOURIST GUIDE: VALDARNO. Half Day or Full Day guided tour of one or more of the following sites: the important centres of Montevarchi, San Giovanni Valdarno, Terranuova Bracciolini, the charming hill towns of Borro and Loro Ciuffenna - built along the slopes of Pratomagno mountain - the Romanesque Parish Church of Gropina, one of the most beautiful and important romanesque churches of the Arezzo region.